Winters in the Midwest are extremely dry. Even with humidifiers running, one can just feel the lack of moisture in the air, and the physical effects on the skin are harsh. Peeling cuticles, cracking lips, bleeding noses, and sandpaper-like feet are common. It doesn’t look pretty, and honestly, it can be quite painful. I’ve found it helpful to intentionally hydrate different parts of my body, beginning as soon as the weather cools off. Here are my go-to products to keep my skin plump and happy all winter long.
- Coconut Oil
- Everyone knows how versatile and effective coconut oil is. I keep a jar of it in my shower. I rub it all over my body before I dry off, wait a moment, and then pat myself dry with a towel. This way I don’t get residual grease on my clothing, but I still benefit from the hydrating goodness of the oil. Try mixing it with an invigorating essential oil, like tea tree or peppermint, to wake up your senses and keep the skin free of blemishes.
- Argan Oil
- I rub this on my cuticles and cracks in my hands, use it in my hair, and most recently have been mixing it with Frankincense before putting it on my face as an overnight moisturizer. Argan oil is considered a “dry” oil, so after it is rubbed into the skin, its residue is minimal. The Ordinary has a Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil that won’t break the bank.
- Natural Lip Balm
- I always keep an all natural lip balm with my other skincare routine products, and put it on only before bed at night. This Organic Cherry Lip Balm from 100% Pure is so effective; I rarely need to reapply it during the day. Burt’s Bees is another one I’ve had similar success with, and it’s a bit more accessible.
- Exfoliating Lip Mask
- A lip balm will be much more effective if the lips are exfoliated and free of dead skin cells. I like to use a lip mask 2-3 times a week to keep my lips plump. Lush Cosmetics’ Lip Scrubs are a favorite of mine – an all natural, sugar-based scrub that you can literally lick off your lips!
- Hydrating Mask
- This year I started using Thrive Causemetic’s Overnight Sensation Brightening Sleep Mask, and it’s done wonders for my skin. That extra hydration a couple times a week adds so much brightness to my face it’s unbelievable. Another product I highly recommend.
- Foot Cream
- Can we talk about how nasty calloused feet are? It’s hard to avoid, especially if you work out, but I find if I put a thick balm on my heels before bed (under a pair of socks), even three times a week, my skin is noticeably smoother and I won’t get any of those painful cracks. This may sound weird, but nipple cream actually works great for cracked heels.
What are your go-to skincare products for the winter months? I’d love to know – the Midwest has been just crazy-cold this season!
2 thoughts on “6 Products That Will Keep Your Skin Hydrated All Winter Long”
My lips get super dry during winter months and it doesn’t help the fact that I live in Canada … I may have to try out the Lush Cosmetics’ Lip Scrubs to see if that can help!
Thanks for reading! 🙂
Yeah, winter weather is definitely harsh on the lips. Do try it! It’s really good.
LikeLiked by 1 person