I am always fascinated in reading “empties” posts on other bloggers’ sites. It’s nice to hear a quick opinion or discover a new brand in this fashion. Inspired to write my own, here are my experiences with the products I used up this winter. Enjoy!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
- A true matte foundation, it goes on thick and creamy and does not budge! This formula worked for me best when it was hot and humid outside.
- Bottom line: Would recommend to those with combination or oily skin.
- Nu Skin AP24 Whitening Flouride Toothpaste
- This toothpaste lives up to its claims. My teeth were whiter, the taste was delightful (vanilla mint!), and it did not upset my sensitive teeth. The only thing that bothers me about this product is I don’t actually know if it is good for my pearly whites. If anyone has information on this, please share!
- Bottom line: I will purchase again. Best tasting toothpaste I’ve ever used.
- Organix Quenched Sea Mineral Hair Moisturizer
- Smells like the ocean! I bought this to help tame static-charged strands. It works, but only temporarily. It does add a little shine, which I like.
- Bottom line: Enjoyed the product but probably won’t buy again.
- Julep Matte Lip Mousse in Ooh La La
- I owe many, many compliments to this lipstick! The shade completes both professional and casual looks. This formula is silky and light, and really feels “whipped” on my lips. The color doesn’t stay on if I’m eating or drinking, but I don’t mind reapplying at all; the contoured applicator makes it a luxurious experience each time.
- Bottom line: Already bought another tube!
- Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Highlighter in Lunch Money
- An affordable highlighter that gives off a flattering light golden shimmer. The shade is versatile – great for the holiday season or a warm summer glow. However, the formula wasn’t for me. I found it difficult to apply and blend with any brush or sponge I tried.
- Bottom Line: Enjoyed the color, but difficult to blend.
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra-Lengthening Mascara in Black Tea
- This is the first all natural mascara I have purchased. The packaging is high quality and the formula smells delicious. The first several applications gave my lashes a fluffy and natural look. Unfortunately, it thickened up rather quickly in the tube started to make my lashes look clumpy, despite the fine teeth on the applicator.
- Bottom line: A good choice if you need chemical free makeup, but the tube likely won’t last as long as a regular mascara.
- TONYMOLY I’m Real Aloe Mask Sheet Moisturizing Mask
- I have come to the conclusion that I am simply not a fan of these types sheet masks. I like the novelty of them though, would be fun to use at a sleepover! I did not notice any moisture difference after using, although it smelled fresh and left an invigorating tingle on my skin.
- Bottom line: Not for me, but fun to use!
- Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Hairspray
- I used this hairspray daily to give my roots some volume and set my style. I liked it because it left me both residue free and gave a strong hold without making my hair feel crunchy.
- Bottom line: Would purchase again.
- Lancome Teinte Miracle Foundation
- Bottom line: See my review here!
- Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara in Black
- This formula reminds me of Too Faced’s “Better Than Sex” mascara, but at a lower price point. The applicator is a large roller that applies a thick coat to the lashes. I ran into the issue of the mascara smudging on my upper lid. It certainly adds volume and makes the eyes open up!
- Bottom line: Didn’t quite work for me with the upper lash smudging, but could be my eye shape.
- Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
- Bottom line: Continues to be a favorite. I’ve talked about this shampoo before, click the link for my review.
Thanks for reading!
2 thoughts on “Empties | Winter 2018”
I love these posts!!! Great empties
Me too! Thanks for reading!